Learn how to use questions to ask information about New york. First, watch the video & try to formulate the questions, then you'll find the correction just below the screen !
1) How many boroughs are there in NYC ? There are 5 boroughs : Manhattan, Staten Island, The Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx.
2) How many inhabitants are there ? There are more than 8 million inhabitants (in 2008).
3) How many nationalities are there ? There are more than 100 nationalities.
4) How hot is it in July ? It's about 26°C.
5) How cold is it in January ? It's about 0°C.
6) How high is the Statue of Liberty ? It's 93 m high with its base.
7) How old is The Statue of Liberty ? It was inaugurated in 1886.
8) How heavy is it ? It's 156 tons.
9) How long is its arm ? It's 12,8 m.
10) How long is its index ? It's 2,44 m.
11) How long is its nose ? It's 1,37 m.
12) How far is it from Manhattan ? It's 2 km. far.
13) How long does it take to get there ? It takes 15 m.
14) How high is the Empire State Building ? It's 448 m. high.
15) How many floors are there ? There are 102 floors.
16) How many steps are there ? There are 1860 steps.
17) How long does it take to get to the top ? It takes 1 minute.
18) How much is a ticket ? It's about 18$ (in 2008).
19) How many people do work inside ? There are about 15 000 people.